The staff of the Helena Clinic are taking the maximum cautionary measures in line with the instructions issued by the Institute of Public Health, due to the corona virus (COVID-19) epidemic. In order to protect our young patients and their families, we ask the following:
- Since we are not able to conduct tests for the corona virus at our clinic, if your child has even the slightest symptoms resembling a cold or flu, if you have been in Italy (Slovenia, Germany or other epidemic countries) or in contact with people who have been travelling or in contact with anybody in quarantine please contact the Epidemiological service.
- Starting 16.03.2020. we will not be able to admit children with any respiratory symptoms.
- We ask our patients to contact us by e-mail for consultations with their Helena Clinic pediatrician. We have provided time for telephone consultations, and a special telephone line through which we will help you resolve mild symptoms at home, or instruct you about what you should do if your child is more seriously ill. Please contact your doctor by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org and they will reply by e-mail or call you. We are also able to arrange Skype consultations.
- At the entrance to the Clinic you will find disinfectants, and we ask you to disinfect your hands as you enter. Our staff regularly air the premises, and all surfaces, in all the offices are regularly disinfected.
- We ask you to limit the number of adults accompanying each child to one. We have provided a separate area (Bistro) where other accompanying adults may wait.
- In adjacent building we have also opened a separate office with an outside entrance/exit, for examinations of sick children (those with a fever, vomiting, diarrhoea etc.). Sick children will not be allowed to enter main Clinic building, where all specialist examinations of children who are not acutely ill, all diagnostics as well as regular check-ups, vaccinations, treatments of chronic diseases will continue.
- We have provided a separate entrance to the out-patients’ clinic for newborns and young infants, who will not come into contact with other people, even healthy patients.
- We are only able to admit patients who have previously made appointments by telephone or e-mail. In this way, we are able to conduct continual triage of patients and provide your child with an appointment at the time and location appropriate to their health needs.
The staff of the Helena Clinic will continue to adher to strict protocols and high standards of sterilization, disinfection and hygiene, both in relation to patients and its staff.
We continue to take care for your kids!
Clinic for pediatric diseases Helena